Car Mechanics magazine
Car Mechanics is packed with essential advice on maintaining and repairing popular makes and models.
It's an invaluable motoring resource that appeals to both the DIY car enthusiast at home and the more experienced motor trade professional.
Car Mechanics launched in April 1958 and has been continuously published monthly since.
Car Mechanics covers vehicles from 3 years old to 30 years old, as well as looking at the whole motoring spectrum.
Subscribe to Car Mechanics magazine and every issue is delivered to your door approximately three days prior to the on-sale date. A Car Mechanics magazine subscription will also make the ideal gift or present, so click here to subscribe today!
Car Mechanics DECEMBER 2015
on sale from NOVEMBER 19
- Tales from the Workshop – a few snippets from the four pages: Fiat Seicento snapped plastic radiator connector, Audi A4 slow wiper syndrome, MG-ZTT crankshaft pulley breaks up, Nissan Almera leaking steering rack.
- Survival Guide: Toyota Prius. 2000-present. Used examples sell like hot cakes, but will demand for the green icon go flat when the batteries finally run out?
- DIY Servicing: 2006 SEAT Ibiza 1.2-litre 12v.
- Used Car Focus: Honda Accord. 1998-2008. Looking for a reliable family car that won't break the bank?
- Dealer’s Diary: Our man in the trade hears rumours of dodgy dealings relating to bought-back vehicles.
- Help! Eight pages of readers' car-related problems including General, Ford, Vauxhall, Peugeot, Renault, Chevrolet, Nissan and Suzuki models.
- Diagnostics Doctor: Two pages of readers’ electronic-related problems including General, Alfa Romeo, Ford and Toyota models.
- Electronic Diagnostics: BMW 318i E90. Scrutinising the 2.0-litre four-cylinder with Siemens MSD 81 management system.
- Our Cars: BMW 3-Series.
- Fluid Dynamics: CM looks at the confusing proliferation of fluids which keep cars working at their optimum performance. Plus how to choose the correct types and replenish them at home.
- LPG Disasters: Thinking of buying a car with LPG> Already have one with problems? CM visits Water Fuel Cell to discover the typical troubles that can arise with running on gas and how to fix them.
- Dashcams: CM puts 15 on test to find out which one offers value for money!
- CM Tour der Germany: Our 1996 VW Passat heads off to Stuttgart, via the Nurburgring...
- 2004 MINI One R50 1.6. Part 4: Fitting a replacement engine.
- 2007 Volvo S60 2.4D. Part 1: We buy an 8-year-old model for £1500 at the car auctions.
- WIN Gas Heaters: 3 prizes up for grabs with a total value of more than £370.
NEXT ISSUE JANUARY 2016 issue on sale from DECEMBER 17
- Dealing with RUST.
- Fiat 500 timing belt swap.
- Peugeot 407 parts guide.
- Project MINI One, Pt5: Servicing engine and fixing brakes.
- Project Volvo S60 2.4D, Pt2: Repairing the dented rear panelwork.
- BMW Z3 2.8 DIY full service.
- Jaguar XF buying tips.
- VW Passat 2.0 FSI diagnostics.
- Tour der Germany, Pt2: We visit the Mercedes-Benz and Porsche Museums.
Motoring Magazine Subscriptions