Car Mechanics magazine
Car Mechanics is packed with essential advice on maintaining and repairing popular makes and models.
It's an invaluable motoring resource that appeals to both the DIY car enthusiast at home and the more experienced motor trade professional.
Car Mechanics launched in April 1958 and has been continuously published monthly since.
Car Mechanics covers vehicles from 3 years old to 30 years old, as well as looking at the whole motoring spectrum.
Subscribe to Car Mechanics magazine and every issue is delivered to your door approximately three days prior to the on-sale date. A Car Mechanics magazine subscription will also make the ideal gift or present, so click here to subscribe today!
Car Mechanics OCTOBER 2014
on sale from SEPTEMBER 18
- Tips from the Trade – a few snippets from the four pages: Toyota Aygo non-clearing clutch, Renault Clio noise when braking, Honda Jazz rusty brake pipes, Mazda MX-5 leaking gasket.
- Survival Guide: Aston Martin DB7. 1994-2003. Prices of the highly coveted Aston Martin are much more affordable these days, but will maintenance be just as kind to your wallet?
- Used Car Focus: Subaru Legacy/Outback. 198-2009. Spanning 20 years of production. Subaru's large saloons and estates present a tantalising break from the norm.
- Service Bay: Suzuki Jimny JLX Auto. For an off-roader, the long-running Jimny is tiny but tough. We guide you through tackling a service.
- Dealer’s Diary: Our man in the trade gives advice on DPFs and wonders why we use captive nuts.
- Help! Eight pages of readers' car-related problems including General, Ford, Jaguar, Vauxhall, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Subaru and Toyota models.
- Diagnostics Doctor: Two pages of readers’ electronic-related problems including BMW, Ford and Volvo models.
- Electronic Diagnostics: Mazda5. Scrutinising the 2.0 petrol model with Mazda ECS engine management system.
- Our Cars: Kim Henson continues his Vauxhall Zafira SRi story, while Rob Marshall reveals the virtues of his big Citroens he has owned in the past.
- Product Test: Cordless Drills. Cordless drills are cheaper and better than they've ever been. We test 10 examples.
- Diagnostics Case Study: Emission control problems on a VW Transporter T5.
- Rear wheelarch repair: A rotten wheelarch need not write off a car.
- VW Golf indicator stalk replacement
- Ford Ka alternator swap
- VAG diesel fuel filter change
- 2003 Mercedes-Benz C180K Sports Coupe. Part 1: Inspecting our auction-bought £1400 project.
- 2003 Nissan Micra. Part 4: Renewing the timing chain and rebuilding the engine.
- WIN Impact Wrenches: 3 prizes up for grabs with a total value of over £360.
- Top 10 'out of warranty' mechanical faults
- Project Nissan Micra K12 1.2-litre, Pt5. Spark plugs and rustproofing engine bits
- Project Mercedes C180K, Pt2. Renewing the timing chain
- Used Car Focus: Jaguar X350
- Service Bay: Toyota RAV4
- Survival Guide: Nissan Qashqai
- Electronic Diagnostics: Vauxhall Astra 1.7 CDTi
- Compression Testers on test
- Hybrid technology Pt1
NOVEMBER 2014 issue
on sale from OCTOBER 16
Motoring Magazine Subscriptions