Car Mechanics magazine
Car Mechanics is packed with essential advice on maintaining and repairing popular makes and models.
It's an invaluable motoring resource that appeals to both the DIY car enthusiast at home and the more experienced motor trade professional.
Car Mechanics launched in April 1958 and has been continuously published monthly since.
Car Mechanics covers vehicles from 3 years old to 30 years old, as well as looking at the whole motoring spectrum.
Subscribe to Car Mechanics magazine and every issue is delivered to your door approximately three days prior to the on-sale date. A Car Mechanics magazine subscription will also make the ideal gift or present, so click here to subscribe today!
Car Mechanics NOVEMBER 2014
on sale from OCTOBER 16
- Tales from the Workshop – a few snippets from the four pages: Chrysler PT Cruiser total loss of clutch, Jaguar X-TYPE cheap repair to PAS fluid loss, Vauxhall Corsa rear brake noise, BMW 116i new throttle body.
- Survival Guide: Nissan Qashqai. 2007-2014. There's no douting the appeal of the British designed and built Qashqai, but is its copybook blemish-free when it comes to reliability? And what about the cost of parts?
- Used Car Focus: Jaguar XJ X350. 2003-2009. The X350/X358 delivers a 'wow factor', especially when you tell people how little you paid. CM looks at one of the biggest used car bargains in the UK, but is it really a viable prospect for everyday motoring?
- DIY Servicing: Toyota RAV4 2.0 GX. 1995 model. There are still plenty of first-generation RAV4s around because they were so popular and well-built. CM guides you through what it takes to help yours survive.
- Dealer’s Diary: Our man in the trade scores an own-goal when he encounters a soccer superstar.
- Help! Eight pages of readers' car-related problems including General, Ford, Rover, Vauxhall, Chevrolet, Jeep, Fiat, Alfa Romeo, Hyundai and Nissan models.
- Diagnostics Doctor: Two pages of readers’ electronic-related problems including Jaguar and Vauxhall models.
- Electronic Diagnostics: Vauxhall Astra 1.7 CDTi. Fault-finding on the Bosch EDC16 management system.
- Our Cars: Rob Marshall continues his exploits of big Citroens and Russ Smith shows us his family fleet, including a Saab 9-5.
- Product Test: Compression Testers. 11 universal models put to the test by James Stanbury.
- Tea Break: Instruments.
- Top 10 most commmon mechanical faults: There are a number of issues that affect the same cars over and over again. What are the worst offenders?
- Toyota Prius Series: Part 1: Hybrids – the basics.
- CM Interview: Q&A with Steve Buckell, chief mechanic for the eBay Motors Team in the British Touring Car Championship.
- 2003 Mercedes-Benz C180K Sports Coupe. Part 2: Timing chain replacement.
- 2003 Nissan Micra. Part 5: Rustproofing engine bay and engine parts.
- WIN Jumpstarts: 3 prizes up for grabs with a total value of over £280.
- Workshop Gadgets
- Bulb and light upgrades investigated
- CM Visit: Deb Group
- Project Nissan Micra K12 1.2-litre, Pt6. New radiator and boot lock repair
- Project Mercedes C180K, Pt3. Full service on the 1.8 supercharged motor
- Used Car Focus: Vauxhall Corsa C
- Service Bay: Peugeot 207
- Survival Guide: Porsche Cayenne
- Electronic Diagnostics: Hyundai Matrix 1.6
- Hybrid technology Pt2
DECEMBER 2014 issue
on sale from NOVEMBER 20
Motoring Magazine Subscriptions