Car Mechanics magazine
Car Mechanics is packed with essential advice on maintaining and repairing popular makes and models.
It's an invaluable motoring resource that appeals to both the DIY car enthusiast at home and the more experienced motor trade professional.
Car Mechanics launched in April 1958 and has been continuously published monthly since.
Car Mechanics covers vehicles from 3 years old to 30 years old, as well as looking at the whole motoring spectrum.
Subscribe to Car Mechanics magazine and every issue is delivered to your door approximately three days prior to the on-sale date. A Car Mechanics magazine subscription will also make the ideal gift or present, so click here to subscribe today!
Car Mechanics JUNE 2013
on sale from MAY 16
- Tips from the Trade – a few snippets from the four pages: Volvo V40 expensive charging problems, Porsche Boxster headlamp bulb, Honda Civic rear bush replacement, Fiat Punto seeping water pump.
- Product Test: Fluid Extractors. How fluid extractors work and why you might need one. Eight models are put to the test.
- Survival Guide: Volvo C70/S70/V70. Whether you prefer a coupé, saloon or estate, there's a car in the '70' range to suit all tastes. But what about parts prices and availability?
- Used Car Focus: Toyota RAV4. 1994-2006. With a reputation ofr dependability, car-like dynamics and plenty of choice on the used market, the RAV4 could be the ideal soft-roader.
- Service Bay: Nissan Navara. The tough pick-up shrugs off a lot of hardship, but it needs careful servicing to keep it healthy. We guide you through what's needed.
- Dealer’s Diary: Our man in the trade buys specialist tools on a Saturday, finds that everyone dislikes A-Class clutches, grabs a cheap Neon and is concerned about prices of low-mileage cars.
- Help! Seven pages of readers' car-related problems including Ford, Rover, Vauxhall, Citroen, Skoda, Volvo, Honda, Nissan and Toyota models.
- Diagnostics Doctor: Two pages of readers’ electronic-related problems including BMW, Citroen, Nissan, Renault and Vauxhall models.
- Electronic Diagnostics: BMW 730i Sport with Siemens MS45 engine management system.
- CM Visit: Honda Swindon (part 2).
- Our Cars: James Stanbury goes back in time...
- Ditching a DMF: Solid Flywheel conversion. A Car Mechanics reader shows how he did the job on his Citroen C5 HDi in our step-by-step guide.
- 2002 BMW 320d Touring. Part 2: How to remove diesel swirl flaps and replace with blanking plates.
- 1998 Mazda MX-5 Mk2. Part 4: Our Mk2 1.8-litre twin-cam gets a new timing belt and a brake overhaul.
- 1998 Rover 214. Mini Series Part 3: After bringing the engine back to life, we now concentrate on other areas that require attention, like the parcel shelf and paintwork.
- WIN AIR EQUIPMENT: 1 prize up for grabs worth more than £360.
NEXT MONTH – EXTRA 16 PAGES
- Back to Basics: How to get started in motor mechanics
- Car Vacs on test
- Used Car Focus: Mitsubishi Evo MkVI-IX
- Service Bay: Vauxhall Insignia
- Survival Guide: Toyota Avensis
- Electronic Diagnostics: Audi A4 3.0 V6 TDI
- BMW 320d project, Pt3
- Mazda MX-5 Mk2 project, Pt5
- Electric vehicle conversion kits
- CM Visit: Haynes Manuals
- Our Cars
JULY 2013 issue on sale from JUNE 20
Motoring Magazine Subscriptions