Car Mechanics magazine
Car Mechanics is packed with essential advice on maintaining and repairing popular makes and models.
It's an invaluable motoring resource that appeals to both the DIY car enthusiast at home and the more experienced motor trade professional.
Car Mechanics launched in April 1958 and has been continuously published monthly since.
Car Mechanics covers vehicles from 3 years old to 30 years old, as well as looking at the whole motoring spectrum.
Subscribe to Car Mechanics magazine and every issue is delivered to your door approximately three days prior to the on-sale date. A Car Mechanics magazine subscription will also make the ideal gift or present, so click here to subscribe today!
Car Mechanics AUGUST 2014
on sale from JULY 17
- Tips from the Trade – a few snippets from the four pages: Mazda MX-5 leaking clutch cylinder, BMW X5 failed injector, MINI Cooper clutch swap difficulties, Fiat 500 trim upgrade.
- Survival Guide: smart Roadster. 2003-2007. It's smart by name and smart by nature, but is the Roadster so clever when it comes to reliability and parts?
- Used Car Focus: Ford Mondeo. 2000-2007. Well built and good to drive, the second-generation (Mk3) Mondeo is a great secondhand buy.
- Service Bay: Volvo 940 SE. It may be an older Volvo, but the bulletproof nature and sheer practicality of the 940 estate means that many are still in use. We fully service the 2.3-litre 4-cylinder.
- Dealer’s Diary: Our man in the trade has trouble with auction houses and stroppy customers.
- Help! Eight pages of readers' car-related problems including General, Ford, Land Rover, Vauxhall, Audi, BMW, Skoda, Volkswagen, Nissan and Toyota models.
- Diagnostics Doctor: Two pages of readers’ electronic-related problems including Citroen, Ford, Volvo and Volkswagen models.
- Electronic Diagnostics: Subaru Legacy Outback. 2.5-litre with Subaru MPI engine management system.
- Our Cars: Ian Seabrook says you needn't fear Citroen hydraulics and shows us his Citroen BX estate, while Kim Henson introduces his Vauxhall Zafira 2.0-litre diesel SRi.
- CM Visit: Haynes Museum: The rejuvenated, expanded Haynes International Motor Museum is open for business. We take a tour.
- Renault Modus window regulator. A cheap fix for a fiver.
- Tea Break: The Bodyshell.
- Engine Sensors: A comprehensive guide to how your car's sensors communicate with the ECU and what to do if they go wrong.
- 2003 Nissan Micra. Part 2: How to check a timing chain tensioner for possible chain stretching.
- 2004 Vauxhall Zafira. Part 6: Finale part. The seven-seater receives a full service and new rear tyres.
- WIN Engine/Workshop Folding Cranes: 2 prizes up for grabs with a total value of £440.
- Strip Club: How to make money from secondhand parts and cut repair costs with our guide to buying and stripping scrap cars.
- Nissan Micra K12 1.2-litre, Pt3. Timing chain renewal on twin-cam 16v engine.
- Used Car Focus: Renault Espace
- Service Bay: Nissan Note
- Survival Guide: Vauxhall VX220
- Electronic Diagnostics: Mazda5
- Kwik Fit consumer test
- CM Visit: Sogefi
- BMW X5 steering angle sensor
- Mercedes E-Class radiator swap
SEPTEMBER 2014 issue
on sale from AUGUST 21
Motoring Magazine Subscriptions