Car Mechanics magazine
Car Mechanics is packed with essential advice on maintaining and repairing popular makes and models.
It's an invaluable motoring resource that appeals to both the DIY car enthusiast at home and the more experienced motor trade professional.
Car Mechanics launched in April 1958 and has been continuously published monthly since.
Car Mechanics covers vehicles from 3 years old to 30 years old, as well as looking at the whole motoring spectrum.
Subscribe to Car Mechanics magazine and every issue is delivered to your door approximately three days prior to the on-sale date. A Car Mechanics magazine subscription will also make the ideal gift or present, so click here to subscribe today!
Car Mechanics MAY 2014
on sale from APRIL 17
- Tips from the Trade – a few snippets from the four pages: Vauxhall Zafira timing disaster, Citroen Nemo straining strut top, Kia Sedona indicator failure, Peugeot 306 power steering pump problem.
- Survival Guide: Mercedes-Benz C-Class. 2000-2007. Fans of the W203 love its svelte looks and the way it drives, but hanker after the traditional Mercedes build quality. But is the W203 really more fragile than its predecessor?
- Used Car Focus: Jaguar XK8. 1996-2006. Quick, beautiful and surprisingly affordable – what's not to like about the XK8?
- Service Bay: Honda Jazz. Servicing a 1.4-litre i-VTEC from 2009.
- Dealer’s Diary: Our man in the trade has trouble with wheel bearings, timing chains and the DVLA office.
- Help! Eight pages of readers' car-related problems including General, Ford, Land Rover, Rover, Vauxhall, Fiat, Chevrolet, Saab, Volvo, Hyundai, Mitsubish and Nissan models.
- Diagnostics Doctor: Two pages of readers’ electronic-related problems including Ford, Toyota and Vauxhall models.
- Electronic Diagnostics: Kia Picanto 1.1 with Bosch MPI engine management system.
- Our Cars: Volvo T5.
- Product Test: Tap & Die Sets
- Tea Break: The wheel rim
- Crankshaft Overhaul: Crank problems were once banished to the history books, but the distintive 'bearing knock' is becoming more common again. CM looks at how the problem can be resolved.
- Dealer Profile: Ketteringham Motors in North London is closing up after 60 years.
- 2004 Vauxhall Zafira. Part 3: Renewing front and rear discs and pads on our 1.8-litre Ecotec.
- 2002 Ford Focus Mk1 TDCi. Part 5: Fixing passenger footwell water leak, renewing the rear dampers and rustproofing door bottoms.
- WIN Power Washers: 3 prizes up for grabs worth more than £215.
- Maintaining EGR valves
- Ford Focus 1.8 TDCi project car, Pt6
- Vauxhall Zafira project car, Pt4
- Used Car Focus: Citroen Picasso
- Service Bay: MG ZS V6
- Survival Guide: Fiat Panda
- Electronic Diagnostics: Peugeot 207 1.4
- Thread repair kits reviewed
- VW Polo rear silencer swap
- Bodywork scratches and chips removed
JUNE 2014 issue on sale from MAY 15
Motoring Magazine Subscriptions