Car Mechanics magazine
Car Mechanics is packed with essential advice on maintaining and repairing popular makes and models.
It's an invaluable motoring resource that appeals to both the DIY car enthusiast at home and the more experienced motor trade professional.
Car Mechanics launched in April 1958 and has been continuously published monthly since.
Car Mechanics covers vehicles from 3 years old to 30 years old, as well as looking at the whole motoring spectrum.
Subscribe to Car Mechanics magazine and every issue is delivered to your door approximately three days prior to the on-sale date. A Car Mechanics magazine subscription will also make the ideal gift or present, so click here to subscribe today!
Car Mechanics MARCH 2014
on sale from FEBRUARY 20
- Tips from the Trade – a few snippets from the four pages: BMW MINI misfiring, BMW 320d heater plug horror, Citroen C3 electric rack replacement, Volkswagen Polo pedal box swap.
- Survival Guide: BMW 5-Series. 2003-2010. The E60 model isn't without its issues, but it's now surprisingly affordable and some inexpensive parts make running one more feasible.
- Used Car Focus: Honda Civic Mk8. 2005-2011. Looking at the Civic that broke the mould of its stodgy predecessors.
- Service Bay: Citroen C2. An affordable and economical urban runabout, but is the 1.6-litre an easy vehicle to service at home? We find out...
- Dealer’s Diary: Our man in the trade wonders what all the fuss is about with Volkswagen's bus; buys a Astra convertible and looks at Jaguar XK8 prices.
- Help! Eight pages of readers' car-related problems including Ford, Rover, Jaguar, Vauxhall, Mercedes-Benz, Volkswagen, Honda, Mazda and Suzuki models.
- Diagnostics Doctor: Two pages of readers’ electronic-related problems including BMW, Ford and Renault models.
- Electronic Diagnostics: Mazda6 2.0 diesel with Denso EDC engine management system.
- Readers' Motors: Fiat Seicento.
- Living with Diesel Particulate Filters. The new MoT rules, in force from February 2014, mean that all vehicles fitted with a DPF when new must be submitted for testing with the component still intact. CM looks at the legal ramifications and explains how to maintain your DPF.
- Ford Mondeo Mk3 inlet manifold swirl flap removal.
- Bodywork Series: Panel Dents
- 2004 Vauxhall Zafira. Part 1: 1.8-litre petrol Elegance model, auction purchased for £1310.
- 2002 Ford Focus Mk1 TDCi. Part 3: New front lower suspension arms and full brake inspection.
- WIN Portable arc welders: 4 prizes up for grabs worth more than £340.
- Rebuilding a starter motor
- Ford Focus 1.8 TDCi project car, Pt4
- Vauxhall Zafira project car, Pt2
- Used Car Focus: Land Rover Discovery
- Service Bay: Renault Laguna II dCi
- Survival Guide: Chrysler PT Cruiser
- Electronic Diagnostics: Mercedes-Benz SLK 230
- Automatic welding helmets on test
- CM Visit: Pilkington AGR
APRIL 2014 issue on sale from MARCH 20
Motoring Magazine Subscriptions