Car Mechanics magazine
Car Mechanics is packed with essential advice on maintaining and repairing popular makes and models.
It's an invaluable motoring resource that appeals to both the DIY car enthusiast at home and the more experienced motor trade professional.
Car Mechanics launched in April 1958 and has been continuously published monthly since.
Car Mechanics covers vehicles from 3 years old to 30 years old, as well as looking at the whole motoring spectrum.
Subscribe to Car Mechanics magazine and every issue is delivered to your door approximately three days prior to the on-sale date. A Car Mechanics magazine subscription will also make the ideal gift or present, so click here to subscribe today!
Car Mechanics JANUARY 2016
on sale from DECEMBER 18
- Tales from the Workshop – a few snippets from the four pages: Porsche Boxster battery connector failure, Ford Transit headlamp bult replacement tip, Fiat Abarth clutch change, Kia Picanto seized caliper.
- Survival Guide: Peugeot 407. 2004-2011. Popular with family and fleet buyers alike, the 407 has plenty of fans. But is it really as cheap to run as you might think?
- DIY Servicing: 1999 BMW Z3 2.8 straight-six.
- Used Car Focus: Jaguar XF. 2008-2012. Jaguar's XF was a fine attempt to tempt buyers away from rival executive cars. Here's what you need to know before taking the plunge.
- Dealer’s Diary: Our man in the trade continues his desperate search to find a Vauxhall Zafira Tourer and give a review of the book 'And on That Bombshell'.
- Help! Eight pages of readers' car-related problems including General, Ford, Morgan, Rover, Vauxhall, Audi, SEAT, Volkswagen and Toyota models.
- Diagnostics Doctor: Two pages of readers’ electronic-related problems including BMW, Peugeot, Toyota and Volkswagen models.
- Electronic Diagnostics: Volkswagen Passat. Scrutinising the 2.0-litre FSI four-cylinder with Bosch MED 9.5.10 management system.
- Our Cars: Volkswagen Transporter T5 DMF change.
- Timing Belt Clinic: Fiat 500 1.2. Fitting a new cambelt and water pump on the petrol-powered 500 isn't difficult and can be accomplished at home without special tools.
- CM Visit: Nokian Tyres.
- Xmas Fun! Looking at motoring adverts from 1950s and 60s.
- Fighting Rust: Corrosion doesn't just strike elderly classics – it can be just as much of a problem on newer vehicles. CM explains how the condition can be prevented, spotted and eradicated.
- Headlight Repair: Are your BMW 5-Series E39 headlights a bit wonky? The can be fixed for just a fiver a side!
- CM Tour der Germany: Our 1996 VW Passat arrives in Stuttgart, where we visit the Mercedes-Benz and Porsche Museums.
- 2004 MINI One R50 1.6. Part 5: New discs, pads, pipes and cables.
- 2007 Volvo S60 2.4D. Part 2: Rear wing crash repair.
- WIN Battery charger/starters: 3 prizes up for grabs with a total value of more than £299.
NEXT ISSUE FEBRUARY 2016 issue on sale from JANUARY 21
- Twin clutch transmissions.
- Multimeter masterclass – Part 1.
- BMW Z4 parts guide.
- Project MINI One, Pt6: Suspension work.
- Project Volvo S60 2.4D, Pt3: Timing belt change.
- Citroen DS 3 DIY full service.
- Volkswagen Golf MkV buying tips.
- Renault Clio 1.2 16v diagnostics.
- Modification Series: Air filtration.
- CM Visit: Philips Lighting.
Motoring Magazine Subscriptions