Car Mechanics magazine
Car Mechanics magazine is packed with essential advice on maintaining and repairing popular makes and models. It's an invaluable motoring resource that appeals to both the DIY car enthusiast at home and the more experienced motor trade professional.
Car Mechanics was launched in April 1958 and has been continuously published monthly since, saving our readers time and money for nearly 60 years.
Car Mechanics covers vehicles from 3 years old to 30 years old, as well as looking at the whole motoring spectrum.
Subscribe to Car Mechanics magazine and every issue is delivered to your door approximately three days prior to the on-sale date. A Car Mechanics magazine subscription will also make the ideal gift or present, so click here to subscribe today!
Car Mechanics MAY 2016
on sale from APRIL 21
- Vehicle Suspension Everything you need to know about troubleshooting and upgrading vehicle suspension, from balljoints and bushes to springs and dampers.
- Bulb Legalities Replacing your car's bulbs with LED or HID bulbs could be breaking the law.
- Detailing First in a four-part series giving professional car-cleaning tips
- Fuel Cell Vehicles Is hydrogen the fuel of the future?
- CM Visit: RAC HQ We tour the RAC's regional headquarters near Bristol.
- Audi A3 Sportback Part Two: We perform a long overdue cambelt replacement.
- Volvo S60 2.4D Part Six: Changing the fluids and repairing the front seat bolster.
- Alfa Romeo 159 Finding the best example of this stylish compact executive.
- Lexus IS Sourcing new and used parts.
In the workshop
- Head Gasket Repair We find out if it's possible to use K-Seal to fix a head gasket.
- Ford S-MAX Complete step-by-step guide to DIY servicing.
- Citroën C5 2.2 HDi Probing the Bosch EDC15C2 management system.
- Rover MEMS Diagnostics Three systems suitable for pre-OBD vehicles.
- Help! Your toughest technical problems solved by our experts.
- Diagnostics Doctor Your diagnostics queries answered.
- Tales from the Workshop Helpful tips and unusual fixes.
- CM Insider New products and services, plus reader giveaways.
- Dealer's Diary Our man in the trade says it's time to ditch tacky alloys.
- Our Cars Steve Hole comes up with an unusual cure for his ailing BMW X5 sat-nav.
- Ted Connolly Ted ponders the ethics of 'clocking' a car's mileage.
- WIN Power Washers 3 prizes up for grabs with a total value of more than £227.
NEXT ISSUE JUNE 2016 on sale from MAY 19
- Testing and repairing ECUs
- Modifying exhaust systems
- Portable workbenches on test
- History of automotive glazing
- Peugeot 206 DIY service
- Citroën Saxo clutch change
- Toyota MR2 MkIII parts prices
- Saab 9-5 buying guide
- Project Audi A3 service and brakes