Car Mechanics magazine
Car Mechanics is packed with essential advice on maintaining and repairing popular makes and models.
It's an invaluable motoring resource that appeals to both the DIY car enthusiast at home and the more experienced motor trade professional.
Car Mechanics launched in April 1958 and has been continuously published monthly since.
Car Mechanics covers vehicles from 3 years old to 30 years old, as well as looking at the whole motoring spectrum.
Subscribe to Car Mechanics magazine and every issue is delivered to your door approximately three days prior to the on-sale date. A Car Mechanics magazine subscription will also make the ideal gift or present, so click here to subscribe today!
Car Mechanics DECEMBER 2013
on sale from NOVEMBER 21
- Tips from the Trade – a few snippets from the four pages: BMW M3 VANOS disaster, Ford Fiesta fuel pump replacement, Daewoo Lanos misfire, Citroen Berlingo fractured clutch pipe.
- Survival Guide: Lexus RX300. 2000-2009. Lexus has a reputation for rock solid reliability, but is that statement true for the early RX300?
- Used Car Focus: Peugeot 407. 2004-2011. Produced in saloon, coupe and SW body styles, the 407 makes a tantalising used option.
- Service Bay: BMW 528i E39. How to maintain a 1999 2.8-litre six-cylinder.
- Dealer’s Diary: Our man in the trade reflects on aftersales service, the ceasing of AutoTrader's printed editions and the last decent Peugeot.
- Help! Eight pages of readers' car-related problems including Ford, Rover, Land Rover, Vauxhall, Fiat, Mercedes-Benz, Mitsubishi and Hyundai models.
- Diagnostics Doctor: Two pages of readers’ electronic-related problems including Rover, SEAT and Volvo models.
- Electronic Diagnostics: Ford Focus 1.6 petrol with Siemens 28 engine management system.
- Head Jobs. Ever wondered what happens to a cylinderhead when it is sent away for refurbishment? CM visits a machining specialist to find out.
- Bodywork Series. Part Two: Repairing plastic bumpers.
- 2005 Audi A6. Part 3: £750 spares or repair. New discs/pads and rear wheel bearing renewal.
- CM Tour de France. Servicing our Peugeot 406 ready for the 1600-mile trip around France.
- WIN Gas Heaters: 3 prizes up for grabs worth more than £400.
- Headlight renovations
- Ford Focus 1.8 TDCi project car, Pt1
- Used Car Focus: Daihatsu Sirion
- Service Bay: Audi A3 1.6
- Survival Guide: BMW MINI
- Electronic Diagnostics: Renault Megane 1.6 petrol
- Citroen C5 brake overhaul
- Storing a car for winter
JANUARY 2014 issue on sale from DECEMBER 19
Motoring Magazine Subscriptions